RASC News Agency: The World Food Program (WFP) has announced the lack of funding to prevent humanitarian disaster in Afghanistan under the control of the Taliban group.
On Wednesday, September 13, this organization said in a message on the X social page that a billion dollar budget is needed to help the needy and that this organization can provide food aid to only one out of five needy people in Afghanistan.
The World Food Program added that a total of ten million people in Afghanistan have been denied food aid this year.
At the same time, the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) also announced in its latest report that due to the lack of funding, the provision of health services for the needy in Afghanistan has also decreased and may be completely cut off.
It should be noted that the World Food Program had previously said that one billion dollars is needed to help 21 million people in need in Afghanistan and that more than 20 million people in this country are at risk of starvation.
This is despite the fact that since the Taliban took control of the country and the developments caused by the change of the political system, the rate of unemployment, poverty and hunger in the country has increased.
At the same time, a number of aid agencies in the country have warned of a reduction in aid due to the lack of funds and the intervention of the Taliban group in the process of distributing these aids.
It should be mentioned that some time ago, published reports indicated that 57 aid programs from aid organizations have been stopped due to the intervention of the Taliban group and their misbehavior with the employees of these organizations.